Why I Prefer Super Sentai Over Power Rangers

Here are some reasons why I prefer Super Sentai over Power Rangers:

First and foremost, I started off watching Super Sentai before Power Rangers so it came first. But not only that, being Asian does create a bias in me. Don't get me wrong- I do also check out American stuff but most American stuff these days are getting simple-minded.


In Super Sentai, character development is kind of more solid than Power Rangers IMO. Why? I mean, they are far more portrayed to have negative sides as well and that, jerks in Super Sentai are well... more of a jerk which really adds the reality of nuisances in the workplace.


About the humor- okay Bulk and Skull may be funny but they can become a plot killer more than a plot help IMO. In Super Sentai, the comic reliefs are usually among the heroes who can even be dumber and more comical than Bulk and Skull combined.


More action in Super Sentai. Yup I'm a fan of ridiculously powerful hits that send people flying across the scene. There's more to that in Super Sentai than in Power Rangers.


There is more drama and realism for a show that's fictitious- from injuries and even to deaths. I could never forget the brave sacrifices of the Super Sentai heroes especially to that of Mika Koizumi- Sentai's first yellow ranger. There seems to be a balance between fiction and reality but that's just what I think.

Comments