My Handling of Female Characters in My Writing

I better do some examination of how I handle women in my writing.  These are in general...


I tend to play a lot of roles for pretty young girls as bigger roles both heroines and villains.  Also they tend to play the most embarrassing roles like being harassed, having a villain who desires them, heroine support and to show beauty is but a bonus.  I really don't care much for the non-attractive except to use them as mentors, competent chefs and teachers but some non-attractive girls do get into this level.  Beauty can be a curse you know.


The use of funny girls.  They are neither pretty nor ugly but they qualify as adorable looking like Ako Hayasaka.  I also kind of like to use them to a certain extent in the same way pretty girls are used in my fic.  However I am yet to execute the idea of handsome villain lusting after an average looking geeky girl.  I prefer the cheerful types over the overly dumb like Trina or Cat...


Female protagonists.  I usually use the average looking (like Yuri and Ako) to the blazing hot like Mako to play the main leads.  For those below the standard, I prefer to use them as support characters that get paid a decent salary like the librarians, chefs, maids, desktop bosses, inventors and officers as to give them high importance.  I also kind of like to use the following flaws- airheaded (but not too much), ditzy, having some kind of silly gestures (Ako Hayasaka), the field strategists, eye candies that break bones (ex. Momoko in Maskman) and all.  However I tend to give them too much focus at times.  I didn't use too much of inventors like Ranru though but they're more of the witty types.


For smart females.  I prefer to use them a lot more than smarter males.  Ranru from Abaranger for example happens to be a favorite of mine for her inventor abilities that have probably exceeded Billy's in MMPR.


Female villains.  I really don't like using ugly women as villains but funny that most of the female villains I run into are unattractive.  So enough of that, I had my idea of not ironic vanity when in Super Sentai vs. Nickelodeon, Liu Yi Fei plays the part of Trixie Tang though she is outshone by Addie Singer.  I don't like the idea of using aging women as the villains because of my soft spot for the aging.

Comments