President Nobita Should STOP Treating The Philippine Presidency Like a Computer Game!

Looking at this picture of President Nobita playing computer games (and acting like a kid while at it), makes me think he's really treating the administration as if it were a computer game.  What he may want to remember is the huge difference between the world of fiction and video games.

I have played through some historical simulation series, my first being Romance of the Three Kingdoms X for the PS2.  The player could create his own character or play as any character, change historical events and so on... but this is real life.  In the real life, President Nobita cannot simply hit the reset button when he's made a mistake... mistakes happen forever compared to video games where you can always choose to push the reset button.  After he refused to apologize to China, he could not go back to that date and poof, change settings.  Real life is not a historical simulation series.

Besides common sense should tell us that if you crash a lot in any racing games like Grand Theft Auto, your player loses but you are still safe seated on your chair.  However in real life, do get reckless and your car gets crashed, you yourself might suffer a serious injury or lose your life.  What President Nobita needs is a reality check.  While I am a video gamer myself (the casual one since I don't join in tournament circuit boards), I did need reality checks and perhaps, it's his time too.  He needs to check himself if he's back to reality.

After all, overplaying video games may affect one's mind even for an adult.  In the case of President Nobita, he is a child in an adult's body.  Remembering the time I had an NES (no longer functioning) I could remember how often I argued, "But I'd die...." and my mom says, "You can reset it a lot of times..." and reminds me "...but in real life you cannot."  Maybe President Nobita is just treating his job like a video game rather than a real life scenario.

Really, get real President Nobita!

Comments

  1. I also just thought of this: wasn't he hellbent on keeping our economic restrictions to keep foreigners out to "protect and promote Filipino businesses"? Then why is he using video game consoles, which are foreign to our country in the first place? Doesn't that make him a hypocrite to his mom's policies? :P

    And now that I think of it, I could say even the 60/40 is hypocritical in itself because the same Filipino, or Pinoy or Failipino to be more accurate (oligarch ones, to make it a lot more exact), businesses it's protecting are actually using foreign stuff! If it's goal is to "protect and promote Filipino businesses," then shouldn't it be doing that on, say, the livelihoods of our local tribesmen and not these hypocritical Failipino oligarch businessmen...? :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment