The Awful Days Of That Accursed Typewriter


Ah I could remember the days when I had no PC back in my younger days, when PCs were very expensive and the typewriter was used in making those projects. It was that old device that I was forced to use because buying a PC was a huge burden before. Thankfully, the PC today is now far more accessible making the use of paper much lesser than it used to.

It's been part of that relationship where one mistake meant you had to start all over again compared to that of a PC where you can edit before you print. Roll in the paper and be very careful when you type because that one mistake would mean wasting literally a lot of paper costing more trees to be cut down because the recycling of paper may not fill the gap. What I also disliked about the typewriters is the hard way to adjust the margins and rolling and rolling. Ouch!

The keys were also so hard to punch it was impossible to type as fast and accurate like the use of the modern day PC. Remembering how I used to make typewritten reports as a child, my fingers would ache that fast. That's why I really hate not having ink in my printer or my printer would malfunction because I would be forced to use a typewriter which means achy fingers!

Also, if somebody wanted a copy of the report, you had to type all over again if they didn't like to have it photocopied compared to using a PC, save it as an electronic file, edit and edit again before you print and make copies so fast like choosing to set it to make more than one copy prior to printing.

So of course given all the reasons above, it becomes reasonable that your teacher today has the right to get angry over an electronic report that was never reviewed properly before printing.

Comments