An Example of Doing Comedy Characters Right...

I just had my thoughts on doing comedy characters right.  Here's my comparison:


Here's a comparison of Akiko Narumi and that annoying Cassidy Cornhell.  So what went right and what went wrong?  So sure Akiko can get ditzy or bossy BUT she actually is pretty helpful even if she can screw up, in fact she really contributes to plot one way or another.  On the other hand, Cassidy Cornhell is really nothing more than a self-centered spoiled brat like...


That obnoxious brat Hannah Montana!!!!

Or two...


We can have Genta vs. Spike.  Some people don't like Genta, that's okay but I do find him funny.  So both Genta and Spike are meant to be comedy characters and can be as hyper (or horrid for some) but Genta contributes to plot, Spike is just there to be stupid.  I don't find Spike annoying though compared to Cassidy and Devin.


You might as well learn some stuff on how Yatsudenwani is being used for comedy.

So I guess that's just one example of how to do comedy characters right.

Comments