Men and Women: Just Some Unusual Preferences

There's always a difference between men and women.  However no matter how masculine or how feminine a person is, there's always some "weird" choices and as a man, I have my weird choices.  Here's some:

For men:


As a child I remembered the rather stupid stereotype that TV drama is only for girls.  But really?  Not really. Happy to admit, I started watching TV drama with Meteor Garden which engaged me with its rather nice way of arranging slice of life stories and how it really appealed to me storywise.  But in my own guilty pleasure closet, I really love romantic stories myself (well as long as they don't involve yui, yaoi, incest, pedophilia it's fine in my preferences) or seeing men and women in action, I would watch it and two, I watch some supposedly girly shows because of the girls and two.  Also, I believe it's perfectly normal for men to cry too.  I'm pretty selective though mind you and I prefer them where the female protagonists are more than just damsels in distress, they can also fight while waiting to be rescued.


Who says flowers are just for ladies?  Nope.  Although I don't wear flower patterns but I do post pictures of flowers while having my straight orientation.

For women:


Shows that are basically considered for a male market like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Power Rangers. Well there's really some good reason behind it aside from just some eye candy.  Looking at Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, there's really some comedy and intense drama in most seasons which can appeal to women.  In fact, women in Tokusatsu are hardly treated as just display items, they can be either the woman behind the man or the eye bruiser showing despite gender differences, women have their importance.  Other reasons may even include girls who love techie stuff and get "ooh" and "aah" over them in Tokusatsu like I get "ooh" and "aah" over flower arrangements.


Action movies.  Who says action movies are just for men?  If that were the case, you might want to discredit the contributions of female action stars like Yukari Oshima and Shu Qi.  Pretty much, action movies have all that choreography to think of as graceful and badass.  On the superficial side, there can also be the admiration of the protagonist surfacewise or beneath that, women who admire the characteristics of the protagonists on the inside.  Just a thought to add- men tend to be more superficial than women most of the time and I myself experience that too!

Comments