I'm Glad I Never Had Sega Systems Back As A Child

Before Sega stopped producing consoles, I remembered the time I actually wanted a Sega system but got a Playstation instead. I was a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. But whenever I look back at Sega, I'm sure glad I never had any Sega system. So what was with the Sega consoles during the 90s? I remembered the Sega Genesis, the Sega Saturn and the Sega Dreamcast. 

What went wrong with Sega's innovation of its systems? Watch the video above before you continue reading the rest of this entry. 

You may remember how much junk you have thanks to Sega, You may be glad if you never had a Sega system back in the 90s. Having one add-on to another was a problem to deal with. Also, I've heard better reviews from the first Playstation (which I no longer have due to it being broken with age but had a fun time time with it) and I'm glad I got the Playstation instead. Perhaps one of the great reasons that I had was because Tekken is better than Virtua Fighter or how 3D does it better in the Playstation.

I thought about the Dreamcast which I wanted but I'm glad I didn't have it. It was because Marvel vs. Capcom 2 started out as a Dreamcast exclusive. Fortunately, the rise of the Playstation 2 and the X-Box came. Although I didn't get a Playstation 2 immediately but I didn't regret not owning a Dreamcast. I may have never gotten the chance to play Power Stone on the Playstation 2 (WTF Capcom) but I had Marvel vs. Capcom 2 along with a whole lot of other games. I had Tekken 5 (which was the first Tekken game to get me addicted since Tekken 3, Tekken 4 wasn't that good) and a couple more games. Also, the Dreamcast was destined to be down.

In some way, maybe I had the last laugh over the snobs who looked down at me because I didn't have a Sega Saturn. Maybe I had the last laugh when I had a Playstation 2 instead of a Sega Saturn. I can't be certain what I feel. But one thing's certain I'm glad that I didn't have any Sega systems as a child. 

Comments